Code Of Conduct
Pride Business Network
Events Code of Conduct for the Pride Business Network (PBN)
INTRODUCTION: While we aim to ensure everyone has a great time and gets the most out of our events, it is also important that we ensure there are a few guidelines in place to make all PBN events an enjoyable experience for every attendee. All events run or hosted by PBN are governed by the following Code of Conduct. Please make sure you take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the Code of Conduct.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. This code of conduct applies to all events hosted and/or organised by PBN.
2. By registering for and/or attending any event, attendees agree to comply with this Code of Conduct and accept all of its conditions.
3. Any failure to comply with or breach of the Code of Conduct may result in:
a. Immediate cancellation of your ticket, with no refund (where applicable) for tickets or any other associated costs;
b. Ejection from the event;
c. A ban from future PBN events; and, d. Revocation of your PBN membership.
4. The named ticket holder remains responsible for the use of the ticket, whether or not they are the actual attendee of the event.
5. Attendees must abide by any rules, terms or conditions outlined by the venue, irrespective of said rules being expressed verbally or in writing in addition to their obligations under this code of conduct.
6. Attendees are required to adhere to all federal, state and local laws and by-laws regarding of use of venue and behaviour at events.
7. Dangerous and/or illegal activities will not be tolerated, including but not limited to:
a. Aggressive actions towards other attendees;
b. Offensive behaviour (including but not limited to sexist, racist or otherwise demeaning language);
c. Indecent exposure;
d. Fighting; and
e. Possession of weapons which could result in substantial risk or harm to persons or property.
8. Attendees participating in the aforementioned or other dangerous and/or illegal activities will be ejected from the event.
9. Respect and consideration must always be given to other attendees and any members of the general public. Rudeness, use of indecent language and other obscenities will not be tolerated and may result in being ejected from the event.
10. Behaviour involving discrimination on the basis of race, gender, appearance, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity or disability will not be tolerated and may result in the offender being ejected from the event.
11. Every due care has been taken to ensure the venue is safe. Attendees agree that PBN, its management, volunteers and members are not responsible for any loss, damage, theft or injury that occurs during any event. Attendees are responsible for their individual actions and any repercussions that may result.
12. Venue-organised security at events are there to ensure the safety of attendees, venue staff, volunteers and venue. Attendees agree that security personnel may eject attendees from any event for endangering the safety of other attendees, staff, volunteers, venue or themselves or for breaching this Code of Conduct. Any decision on whether the code of conduct has been breached will be made by the president or vice president and a committee member.
If you have a complaint and wish to contact the Pride Business Network Committee please email email@example.com